Tuesday, June 2, 2009

IRONMAN

I would like to thank you all for all the support you have given me for the Ironman.
The Ironman Lanzarote is known as the toughest Ironman in the world,mainly because of the mountainous bike leg which is so windy at times that it nearly blows you off your bike!
I was very nervous before the race and was "bricking it" as i entered the water about 1395th of the 1400 compeditors. As you might know swimming is not my best discipline but i came out of the water in a credible time of 1hr 20mins for the 3.8 kms.
On the bike i had 2 punchures,but had plenty of time in hand to start the marathon knowing i was going to finish within the cut off time of 17hrs. The run went well for 20kms,but on the 3rd leg i ran out of steam and dropped back on my estimated time.But i picked up on the last leg and finished in 4hrs 30mins. Total time 13hrs 26mins.
I was totally Knackered and humbled by the support of my family and friends who had spent the day following my progress. It was a fantastic experience and a great event which takes over the whole island.Would i do it again,of course i would!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment